laterite

From: FOODBAG@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 12:47:29 PST

Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 15:47:29 EST
From: FOODBAG@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: laterite

  Hey All,

  Hard to formulate any conclusions with just two plants, but of the two D.
falconeri I have, I planted one in a peat/sand mix and the other in the same
with a bunch of laterite mixed in. The plants were about the same size to
start, but the laterite plant has shrunk in sized and taken on a
yellowish-green color. The other one looks fairly nice. Needs to be closer
to the lights, thought, since it's not red. This is over the course of six
months, or so, so laterite does not seem to be a help at this point, growing
them side by side in a 10 gallon tank under shoplights. I have seen some nice
pictures of some grown in peat/perlite(by Mr. Steve Gordon in the UK-"Hi
Steve").

  Regards,

  Joe