Re: B. reducta

From: Greg Bourke (sydneycarnivorous@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 20:07:11 PDT

Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 22:07:11 EST
From: "Greg Bourke" <sydneycarnivorous@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: B. reducta

> PS any tips on keeping the Brocchinia happy would also be appreciated- I
> have yet to transplant it or figure out exactly where it will go. How
>much
> light do they require? It's a very pretty little plant, with a thin white
> stripe along the leaf margins. The photos I had seen of it didn't do it
> justice!

'Little plant' I've seen some over 3 feet high. Potting mix is variable, I
have one outside in a bog with Drosera. It gets 8hrs direct sun/day. It is
just about to finnish flowering and is producing pups. I also have a large
one in the glasshouse under 50% shade which flowered at the start of the
year. It is now 8 plants, 3 of which were formed within the leaf bracts of
the parent and are about 2 feet already. The pups are 1/2 a foot high. This
plant is in a mix of scoria, peat, sand, and orchid bark. I don't fertilise
it but I'm sure it would help.
Regards
Greg

http://profiles.msn.com.