Brocchinia

From: Sunpitcher@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 20:16:48 PDT

Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 23:16:48 EDT
From: Sunpitcher@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Brocchinia

In a message dated 10/18/00 10:35:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cp@opus.labs.agilent.com writes:

<<
 PS any tips on keeping the Brocchinia happy would also be appreciated- I
 have yet to transplant it or figure out exactly where it will go. How much
 light do they require? It's a very pretty little plant, with a thin white
 stripe along the leaf margins. The photos I had seen of it didn't do it
 justice!

Hi Tierney. I grow my plants on a windowsill just out in the open like any
bromeliad. Also have some under grow lights. They don't seem to require the
high humidity of some of the other CP. They do like high light levels. The
more sun the better. They respond well to Miracle Grow at the roots, foliar
feeds and freeze dried insects placed in the pitcher. If you have no
aversion to placing live insects in the pitcher I imagine this would be even
better. Good luck. They are easy! Angie. Pawleys Island, South Carolina.