Re: NJ Bog Gardens

From: Chris Teichreb (cteichreb@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 08:12:17 PDT

Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:12:17 PDT
From: "Chris Teichreb" <cteichreb@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: NJ Bog Gardens

Hello MCliff428@aol.com,

   I had an outdoor bog in Vernon, B.C., Canada where temps in winter
were usually around -5C with the occasional drop for a week or
so of -20C weather. I planted all the different Sarr species,
including seedlings, D.rotundifolia, D.filiformis, P.vulgaris,
D.capensis, D.binata, vft's, and a few others. I just covered
the bog with pine needles and a sheet of plastic (I recommend
burlap though) and everything survived. I imagine most of these
plants should survive a winter in New Jersey, just mulch well.

Good luck!

Chris

http://profiles.msn.com.