NJ Bog Gardens

From: MCliff428@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 03:32:32 PDT

Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 06:32:32 EDT
From: MCliff428@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: NJ Bog Gardens

I live in New Jersey (zone 6) and I would like to know what species I can put
in my bog. I would like to plant as many Sarracenia as possible but I am
unable to plant all the species due to the winters here. Although I think
that S. leucophyla and S. alata are out of the question, can I plant S.
minor, Parrot Pitchers, S. flava, S. rubra and S. oreophila? I plan on
covering the bog in winter by placing a sheet of burlap on top and covering
this with leaves. Will this extra protection let me plant pitcher plants
that are native to Georgia? What types of Butterworts can I plant, (P.
lutea?) Can all types of Sarracenia be planted if I give the plants frost
protection in winter? Thanks