Sarracenia minor dormancy

From: Steven Stewart (steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 06:43:35 PDT

Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:43:35 -0400
From: "Steven Stewart" <steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia minor dormancy

Hello list,
I have found Sarracenia minor to be the most tropical Sarr. I have grown. I
have several plants that I have grown for more than six years with no
dormancy other than reduction of water when the plants are not actively
putting out new growth. Often these plants will flower in winter and produce
seed if pollinated when the pollen is dry. The pollen ripens later in the
day in winter, rather than in the morning. If left until the following day,
fungus is a problem in my experience. The largest plants I have are ones
left outside to go through a normal dormancy period, and these plants flower
in the spring and fall as plants in the Central Florida populations do.
Take care,
Steven Stewart,
Sanford, Florida USA