D regia/P lusitanica Questions

From: Nigel Hurneyman (nigel.hurneyman@oracle.com)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 06:08:39 PDT

Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 14:08:39 +0100
From: Nigel Hurneyman <nigel.hurneyman@oracle.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D regia/P lusitanica Questions

The roots amputated from my D regia plant are chucking up new plantlets
all over the place - it's nearly up to 20. Some of them are getting
quite large - 2 inch leaves - but are showing no signs of developing
their own root systems. Should I separate the plantlets from the old
root, or be patient in the expectation that they will become independent
in the fullness of time?

The Pings I grow under cover (mainly Mexican, but one or two
Mediterraneans) don't seem to set seed without manual intervention,
apart from P lusitanica. Does anyone know what's different about P
lusitanica to cause this?

Good Growing, NigelH