Sarracenia flowering

From: JWi5770869@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 04:30:09 PDT

Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 07:30:09 EDT
From: JWi5770869@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia flowering

cp@opus.labs.agilent.com writes:

> On my return home I found to my delight that one of my S. purpurea plants
is
> putting up a flower bud. As I said, I am fairly new to Sarras so I am
> looking forward to this. Is this the normal time for these to flower in
the
> UK? If not is that going to be a problem?
>
> Good growing to All,
>
> Steve

Steve,
Glad to hear that you had a good holiday. If I ever win the lottery, thats
one area that I wouldn't mind moving to!
One of this years Sarracenia purchases (from Mike King----Hi Mike!!), a Sarr
Purpurea Purpurea has put up a number of flower stalks within the last month.
I cut these off as they will not open, let alone,set any seed.
Better to wait for next Spring, when they should open properly and set seed.

All the best

John Wilden
Southport
Lancs.