Re: More about Darlingtonia media/reply

From: Andrew Bate (cp@jedi.clara.co.uk)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 09:58:33 PDT

Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 17:58:33 +0100
From: Andrew Bate <cp@jedi.clara.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: More about Darlingtonia media/reply

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:42:48 -0700 (PDT), Phil Wilson wrote:

>We get similar conditions here in the UK and I too find that
>Darlingtonia grows far better in a more open mix. I usually achieve this
>by adding orchid bark to a mixture of peat and perlite, though I have
>also had some very good results using pure live sphagnum.

Well, here's another UK recipe for you... I grow mine in pure sphagnum
only and have them sitting in water so the sphagnum is sometimes really
waterlogged and they grow like a weed... :-)

Andrew

--
andrew@cpuk.org.uk      |        A UK Specific Guide
http://www.cpuk.org.uk  |  to Carnivorous Plant Resources