Trying to identify a Sarracenia...

From: Prem Subrahmanyam (prems@nettally.com)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 01:04:09 PDT

Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:04:09 -0400
From: Prem Subrahmanyam <prems@nettally.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Trying to identify a Sarracenia...

I have a Sarr. collected from a piece of land slated for development
somewhere along the Gulf coast of Mississippi. Doing some research,
it looks like it could be either S. alata or S. rubra. The pitchers
are about 13" tall, green to a copper color, with red veins along the
inside of the pitcher. I saw one with a fresh flower that was pure
yellow. Most of the flowers were already spent and had sepals that
shaded from deep red along the edges in various striations to yellowish-
green middles.

Anyone care to proffer an id for me?

--> Prem
Prem Subrahmanyam <prems@noblestar.net> or <prems@nettally.com>
- Animator, programmer, and orchid and fossil nut extraordinaire...
- DNRC Title: Minister of Lightwave 3d Plugin Design Foolishness
- Home - http://www.PremDesign.com

"We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong."
"God's Own Fool" - Michael Card