Michael's cool sundews

From: Randall T. Palmer (ccp108@juno.com)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 19:08:10 PDT

Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 22:08:10 -0400
From: "Randall T. Palmer" <ccp108@juno.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Michael's cool sundews

Transplant in peat or live peat. Put plastic cover over drosera for a
few days, until the roots start in the new median. My drosera planehorn,
German capensis, but not a registered name, sent to Tampa, FL by the CP
seed bank, has lived for me is the same pot for five years. In a basic
treated peat. This year the parent plant died but a bunch of babies came
up from the roots. I made the peat basic by watering with one tablespoon
of baking soda in one gallon of water.
        Don't put all your fish in one bag but put the plastic cover anyway.
Cousin Clem