Aldrovanda

From: Christopher Schell (C.Schell@uws.edu.au)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 16:13:50 PDT

Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 09:13:50 +1000
From: Christopher Schell <C.Schell@uws.edu.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Aldrovanda

To anyone out there that is interested in Aldrovanda, I have been growing
it for several years (Darwin, Kimberley, East-Coast strains) and have found
the Darwin (Australia) strain to be the most robust. As far as I am aware,
it does not form turions and growth still occurs throught the Australian
winter months in Sydney (although it does slow down) at temperatures as low
as 5 degrees C. Additionally, I have observed that this plant is highly
tolerant of both shaded conditions 90% shade and full sun (6 hours/day).
Generally, the plants grown in shaded conditions are more robust with
larger traps (plants remain a bright green colour) although plants grown in
full sun take on a scarlet colouration. If any one is interested in
finding out more about my plants, please don't hesitate to e-mail me.
Regards, Chris Schell.

Chris Schell,
C.Schell@uws.edu.au
Faculty of Science and Technology
University of Western Sydney (Hawkesbury),
Bourke Street,
RICHMOND, NSW 2753
AUSTRALIA.