New seedlings

From: Michael Gallagher (Disaguy@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 10:10:11 PDT

Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 10:10:11 -0700
From: Michael Gallagher <Disaguy@pacbell.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: New seedlings

Hi All,

I'm having a bit of a problem that I haven't previously encountered in
working with Orchids.

I have many very small primarily Drosera seedlings ( only about 2 - 3 mm in
dia.) that have sprouted from some seed that I obtained and sowed. The
problem is separating them so they can grow under optimal conditions. The
root system is so small and tiny that there is no effective way to separate
and plant the individuals. If I layer them on a peat surface, and then
mist heavily, I wash them all over the place. If I mist lightly, they just
stay on the surface, don't root and soon dry out. If I try and soak in a
pan of water and bring the liquid up to the surface of the pot, I still
find that they aren't rooted and soon dry out.

Hopefully, someone can share the secret of repotting these tiny guys with me?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Michael Gallagher

email: Disaguy@pacbell.net or Mike@disas.com