re Wacky VFT

From: Bruce Salmon (brucesal@xtra.co.nz)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 14:03:15 PDT

Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:03:15 +1200
From: "Bruce Salmon" <brucesal@xtra.co.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re Wacky VFT

Michael Collard wrote...
Other than that, I have
noticed a very strange plant growing amongst the VFTs, it looks like a
single flat
fern leaf, about 2cm long & 7mm wide. The odd thing is that it has something
looking like bowls, about 3 or 4 per leaf, and the entire leaf seems to have
a root
system. Some sort of CP to catch mites? I am going to go back to the store
where I
bought my VFTs from & try to get one with an abundance of this strange ferny
type
thing.

I cant believe anyone would actually want to buy a liverwort.

Get rid of it quick before it gets through your whole collection!!!! - not
to mention all your other indoor and oputdoor plants.

I got a tree from a garden centre years ago with liverworts in it - theyre
now everywhere in my backyard especially in damp acidy areas.

Bruce

--Michael
Bruce Salmon
13 Rothery Road
Manurewa
Auckland 1702
New Zealand

"If you're not living on the edge then you're taking up too much room!"