Utricularia jerky

From: sean samia (seansamia@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 23:46:26 PDT

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 23:46:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: sean samia <seansamia@yahoo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Utricularia jerky

This is how I grow N.Northiana with excellent results.
Long fiber sphagnum and perlite 50/50 mix. My favorite
straight perlite, in my opinion is the best. I think
the pot is more important than the mix. A hydroponic
pot is porous through out the pot, a strawberry tray
is an excellent example. The more oxygen that gets to
the roots, the more nutrients the plants takes in, the
faster the plant grows. Some of my Northianas are
pretty large and you have to see the pitchers. Sean

Get Yahoo! Mail -- Free email you can access from anywhere!
http://mail.yahoo.com/