Re: Sarr. Pruning

From: Philip Semanchuk (mrbones@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 08:33:26 PDT

Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 11:33:26 -0400
From: "Philip Semanchuk" <mrbones@mindspring.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sarr. Pruning

>In answer to one of my earlier questions about Sarracenia, Michael
>Pagoulatos suggested cutting off the deformed pitchers. This is
>something I've been wondering about for a while.
>
>Is there consensus on this? Is it generally accepted to be a good
>idea, or is it like VFTs where green tissue should be left alone?

I didn't see Michael P's advice, but I prune my Sarracenia in the winter
(when the plants have gone dormant) and in the spring (before new growth
starts) to get rid of all of the dead pitchers. My plants do well. I also
water them with rainwater collected from an asphalt shingled roof.

HTH,
Philip
URL du jour: http://www.adbusters.org/