Re: seedling sundew id's?

From: Carl Strohmenger (HSC) (cstrohme@com1.med.usf.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 15:23:07 PDT

Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 18:23:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Carl Strohmenger (HSC)" <cstrohme@com1.med.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: seedling sundew id's?

Hello Carol,
        Many sundew seedlings are similar in size, shape, and coloring.
Indeed, even some mature sundews have leaves that are similar. To be
certain of the identity of each sundew, you may have to wait for each one
to flower and then determine the ID.
        You may be able to separate the seedlings into different groups
according to gross characteristics, but a final ID will probably await the
mature plant in flower.
- Carl