Laterite in the UK?

From: william.sherren@ukonline.co.uk
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 07:30:11 PDT

Date: Fri,  9 Jun 2000 15:30:11 +0100 (BST)
From: william.sherren@ukonline.co.uk
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Laterite in the UK?

Hi
As a keen grower of Nepenthes (with mixed success!!) I am interested in
trying new composts.. With all this talk of laterite, is this readily
available in the UK, and under that name?
Also do you use it "neat" or with other ingredients?
I grow mainly highland species from easy Alata to hard Villosa.. Are
there only particular species that would take to this medium?

Also I have so far been unsuccessful in getting my large Utricularia
Reniformis to flower again.. It flowered in 1995 after having the plant
about 5 years.. Despite keeping it under almost identical conditions it
has not flowered since.. I keep it cool in the winter (45F) and in a
well lit situation in the summer in my cool greenhouse.. It is in a 12
inch container and produces loads of leaves, but no flowers..

Thanks

Bill
My new url for my web site is
www.fly-catchers.co.uk