Re: D. capensis flower

From: Chris Teichreb (cteichreb@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 08:43:59 PDT

Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 08:43:59 PDT
From: "Chris Teichreb" <cteichreb@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: D. capensis flower

Hi Joe,

>Well, my D. Capensis is just finishing it's flowering on the one
>
>Questions:
>
>1) When do you harvest the seed and how? Is there something to look
>for, or is it just timing?

   With capensis, I'd say cut it off right now and throw it away ;-)!
But seriously, let the seed pods and the flower stalk turn brown
before harvesting the seed. Looks terrible, but it's the only
way. Some people like to snip off the flower stalk after it
turns brown, and let the seed dry overnight. It's up to you
to decide whether or not you want to do this.

>2) When is the best time to sow the seeds?

   With capensis, it doesn't matter. Generally, for most
cp's, spring is better.

>Thanks,
> Joe

You're welcome!