Please read this ICPS World Conference update

From: Davidogray@aol.com
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 16:20:43 PDT

Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 19:20:43 EDT
From: Davidogray@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Please read this ICPS World Conference update

Hello all,
after a series of repeating and exasperating computer problems that corrupted
my address book and saved emails ( twice ), I have reconstructed my mailing
lists and finally sent out the conference registration packets. They also
were sent to those people requesting postal service delivery. Some people
will get it in both forms; that's if they asked for postal delivery and also
gave an e-mail address. Those of you who have had to cancel still received
the mailing, just in case you want to reconsider.

If you know you are registered and you did NOT get an e-mail from me today,
write me a note; your e-mail may not be correct on my reconstructed list. If
you got two or more, you can tell me as well. This would be a good time to
ask your CP friends if they got the mailing.
I need current address for:
Peter Seeborn
Kusuki Kondo
Tierney Wayne
Glenn Rankin
Ramona Sadtler
Matt Flores

This mailing is the only copy being sent, so I suggest you make an extra and
bring them with you to the event.

We have 134 registered for the conference. We have estimated our break-even
point at about 160 participants. As the time draws near ( its less than a
month away ) we would like to tell everyone who's considering coming, just do
it! We've got a great program with special events, luminary people, and a
gorgeous location. Its going to be a lot of fun. Send in your registrations
now. Information and registrations forms are available at :
http://www.carnivorousplants.org/news/meeting2000.html or by request from
me.
It would be a great help if you would send me an e-mail if you think you're
coming to help plan for the banquet and t-shirts needs.

T-shirts with the large conference logo will be available to those not
attending the conference. If you will just send me a note indicating that
you'd like one, and which SIZE you want ( American sizes Small, Medium Large,
and Extra-Large ) in the subject line of your mail, we'll make extras for
you. Don't send me any money now; I'll write you with availability and
shipping costs after the conference is over. Remember: your SIZE in the
subject line to davidogray@aol.com

If you want to find other people to carpool with on field trips to the
Darlintonia/Pinguicula area I suggest you post a message here on the
listserv. I'm sorry, but I can't arrange your travel there ( even if I wasn't
going crazy ).

The auction needs donations of special plants, botanical prints, books, and
C.P. memorabilia. These are potentially tax-deductible and the proceeds don't
go to the conference; but to the new ICPS Endowment Fund, which will support
future research and conferences. For donations contact David or Peter
D'Amato. Nursery people who would like to be vendors will want to talk to
David as soon as possible.

The BACPS Meeting at the Randall Museum this Saturday, June 3rd at noon, will
be very important for volunteers. Please try to attend.

I'd like to thank the members of the Bay Area Carnivorous Plant Society, the
Officers of ICPS, and everyone who has supported this event through the early
registrations. You're all super. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here
and learning together; we're going to have a great time.
Cheers,
David