Re: Water Quality Report

From: MCATALANI@aol.com
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 07:35:34 PDT

Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 10:35:34 EDT
From: MCATALANI@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Water Quality Report

I had mentioned that I have used tap water for my cp for over 25 years with
absolutely no ill effects (Memphis, TN city water). Some of you were wanting
information on my water quality. As it turns out, Memphis draws its water
from two separate aquifers. The western part of the city gets the water from
a 500' aquifer, whereas the eastern part of the county (where I live) gets
water drawn from a 1,400' deep aquifer. This can be important, because the
shallow aquifer has a water hardness of 125ppm, whereas my water from the
deeper aquifer has a hardness of only 25ppm. So even within the same city,
the harndess of the water can vary greatly. Here's the rest of the info from
the water quality report:

Hardness 25ppm
Flouride 1.1ppm (1ppm is added .1ppm is naturally occurring)
Barium .1ppm has been the maximum detected amount
Chlorine 1ppm (4ppm has been proposed as a future target)
PH 7.0

Michael Catalani
Memphis, TN