Info on CP diseases

From: Hideka Kobayashi (hkobayashi4@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 00:01:24 PDT

Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 02:01:24 CDT
From: "Hideka Kobayashi" <hkobayashi4@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Info on CP diseases

I just finished going through records on Agricola, Agris, Biosis, and CABS
(databases on literature). I only selected records for Drosera, Nepenthes,
Pinguicula, and Sarracenia. Although I went through nearly 1,000 records
(many were the same), I found only two records. One is Botrytis cinera (Grey
Mold) on Drosera. The other seemed to be reported from India (I need to look
it again), and it was the Leaf Blight of Nepenthes, which is caused by
Colletotrichum sp. (I do not remember which sp. now). If this is the disease
described By Davin, my guess on the Nepenthes disease was not wrong after
all since both are caused by species of fungi belonging to the same genus. I
didn't pay too much attention to insects. There were too many and confusing.
Most of them were on ones caught by CPs or 'symbiotic' bugs.

Hideka