ammonia odor...

From: Paul McCullough (paulmcc@home.com)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 19:59:31 PDT

Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 22:59:31 -0400
From: Paul McCullough <paulmcc@home.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: ammonia odor...

Lately I've noticed an ammonia odor in my mini-greenhouse- sort of like
a catbox urine smell. Anyone else ever notice this in their plantings?
Any remedies? The only thing different is the blooming of one of my
sarr purpurea flowers- but when I smelled it, I didn't notice this odor
coming from the flower. (It actually seems odorless... pretty little
flower with pink droopy petals.

No, no one has used my terrarium as a cat box- we don't even own a
cat. I don't fertilize the plants and I only water with rain or
distilled water. I opened the doors to the Klimagro to air it out but
that doesn't seem to help.

All of the plants are doing fine- none has been fed anything that would
produce this odor that I can think of...

Appreciate any help.

Cheers,
Paul

--

My New Webpage URLs: -------------------- 3D Animation World: http://members.home.net/paulmcc Carnivorous Plant Page: http://members.home.net/paulmcc/carniv.htm Movie Reviews: http://members.home.net/paulmcc/movies.htm