re: CP Age and History

From: Andrew Broome (broome@manawatu.gen.nz)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 22:04:06 PDT

Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 17:04:06 +1200
From: Andrew Broome <broome@manawatu.gen.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: CP Age and History

Jason Ashley said...

>If I ever have the luck to discover a new species of CP I'm going to name it
>for Jan (N. schlauerensis?).

Not unless you find it growing *on* him ;-)

N. schlaeueri would be closer to the standard format, although there
is apparently less of a trend to name new organisms after a person
these days but rather after some unique feature of that organism or
it's location...

Anyway, back to lurking and waiting for the ICPS meeting in California...

Andrew@home.

*NZKA 137, NAKA 5, SKG, AKA 07212, BKA 073.05, PNAS, NZCPS...
* Another brass rail in another old bar,
* I'm better at dreaming than living...
* (1000 Goodbyes) - Captain Tractor
*Killies: Ducatis: Reptiles & Amphibians: Carnivorous Plants: