Re: Roridula dentata

From: Tassara (strega@split.it)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 05:48:22 PDT

Date: Sat,  6 May 2000 14:48:22 +0200
From: strega@split.it (Tassara)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Roridula dentata

Hi Stefan,

>I have been successfully germinated R. dentata. This means I have
>seeds with a primary root of approximately 2mm on tissue paper. Is
>anybody out there cultivating R. dentata who could give me advice for
>the best substrate to
plant
>the seeds in?

I've just little experience; however, my R. dentata, which is just a few
months old, is doing well in a peat/sand 40/60 mix kept always moist by
watering from above, but without water in the saucer.
I keep it outside in a sunny place sheltered from wind and rain.

Good growing!

Filippo Tassara
Genoa, Italy