Intro and a D. Capensis question

From: Joe Martinez (joe@jmmsoftware.com)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 11:56:17 PDT

Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 11:56:17 -0700
From: Joe Martinez <joe@jmmsoftware.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Intro and a D. Capensis question

Hello All!

I just joined this list yesterday, and already seen some great posts! I
am brand new
at CP's. I bought The Savage Garden around Christmas time, and bought
my first 4 plants this past February, and the rest a few days ago.

I live in San Jose, CA. All 11 of the plants that I have, I bought at
California Carnivores. My parents live near there, so it has been very
convenient to vist their nursrey when I am visiting my parents. I have
a VFT, D. capensis, D. intermedia, D. nitidulda x pulchella, S. flava,
S. leucophylla, S. purpurea, S. psittacina, S. minor, Cephalotus f., and
P. grandiflora. All of my plants are grown outside.

My question is regarding my D. Capensis. The first flower stalk is up
and the blossoms are just starting to open. The problem is that just as
they start to open, the flowers shrivel up. The leaves all look great.
They have lots of dew and are catching lots of insects. I'm not sure
why the flowers are shriveling up.

Here are some pictures:
http://www.jmmsoftware.com/plants/DCP00516.JPG
http://www.jmmsoftware.com/plants/DCP00519.JPG