Mosquitos

From: Marcus Rossberg (Marcus.Rossberg@phil-fak.uni-duesseldorf.de)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 08:42:34 PDT

Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 17:42:34 +0200
From: "Marcus Rossberg" <Marcus.Rossberg@phil-fak.uni-duesseldorf.de>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Mosquitos

Hey folks!

A couple of weeks ago somebody mentioned on this list that mosquitos feed on
plants like aphids do, so could be harmful to cp.
All right I didn't know that, I learned something new - thanks!

I stay at Florence at the moment, and the mosquitos can be a plaque here.
I'm here to do research for about half a year, and I left all my cp at home.
Here's my question (maybe it's stupid, but I ask it anyway):
Could I use some big S. flava or S. alata to controll the mosquitos?
Would they be attracted by the plants, rather fall in than suck it from the
outside, or is my blood too sweet to them to bother with 'vegetarian food'?
Would some big cape sundew do better?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Marcus