Safe and Effective Mosquito Control?

From: Prem Subrahmanyam (prems@noblestar.net)
Date: Sat Apr 22 2000 - 15:29:27 PDT

Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 18:29:27 -0400
From: Prem Subrahmanyam <prems@noblestar.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Safe and Effective Mosquito Control?

I have a plant of Sar. purpurea that I grow outdoors year-round (after all,
they grow natively in my area, so the outdoor climate is ideal for them).
Recently, I noticed a few mosquito larvae wriggling around inside the
pitchers, apparently oblivious to the digestion going on all around them.
In the past, I've also had larvae growing in the water basins that I put
under my pots to keep them constantly moist.

Can anyone recommend a means of controlling these mosquito larvae without
doing harm to the Sarracenia?

--> Prem
Prem Subrahmanyam <prems@noblestar.net> or <prems@nettally.com>
- Animator, programmer, and orchid and fossil nut extraordinaire...
- DNRC Title: Minister of Lightwave 3d Plugin Design Foolishness
- Home - http://www.PremDesign.com

"We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became nothing to show we were wrong."
"God's Own Fool" - Michael Card