Hardy CPs, introduction

From: Janne K (jk@koskija.pp.fi)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 14:37:47 PDT

Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 00:37:47 +0300 (EET DST)
From: jk@koskija.pp.fi (Janne K)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Hardy CPs, introduction

Hello, I've been a lurker on this list for few days so let me introduce
myself. I've been interested in CPs for a long time, I killed my first
VFT when I was six and so far have killed them all except Pinguicula
"weser" which does fine. And then to my question: Is there any really
hardy CPs for outdoor bogs? I'm talking about conditions where climate
is very harsh: Here in Finland winter lasts about 5 months. Winter
average temp. is about -5 C, some days during winter temperatures can
drop below -20 C. Summer temp. are mainly between 18-23 C. I have
outdoor bog where I currently grow only natives (D. rotundifolia, D.
anglica and D. intermedia
 U. vulgaris and P.villosa) and I'd like to widen the range. So is
 there any
chance
 that I find a non-native CP that will overwinter here? Any
 suggestions?

Janne Koski
You want FREE address?!
Get HOTMAIL!