Re: Plants on e- bay

From: NEIL ARMSTRONG (n.armstrong@virgin.net)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 08:22:32 PDT

Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 16:22:32 +0100
From: "NEIL ARMSTRONG" <n.armstrong@virgin.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Plants on e- bay

Dear William and all,

I was intrigued when I saw your posting, about the Sarracenia's on e-bay, so
I checked it out (the pictures are very good actually), whoever is rescueing
these plants seems to know there stuff.
If these plants are in peril they should be rescued, BUT the owner of the
land must be notified of what you are doing, and if possible a relevant
conservation group should also be notified. My biggest reservation though,
is the selling of these rescued plants to the highest bidder, it seems
somewhat tasteless and a tad dubious.
Maybe someone could contact the seller and let them explain there motives.
Or if they're reading this list....

Cheers, Neil