Re: Wild-collecting of S. flava - eBay #293597973

From: CMcdon0923@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 11:11:40 PDT

Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 14:11:40 EDT
From: CMcdon0923@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Wild-collecting of S. flava - eBay #293597973

Very interesting item, and a somewhat distrubing photo.

In my opinion......IF, and I say again IF, they are truely being pulled from
a bog that is under active development (i.e., destruction) as in the photo,
them I personally believe it "a good thing". I would fill the trunk of my
car with plants, if I ever came upon a similar situation.

Near where I live, there is a beautiful stand of bamboo growing next to a
two-lane road....probably a thousand square feet plot of plants. The road is
being widened a few hundred yards/meters beyond the stand. When I see the
earthmoving equipment getting ready to plow it under, I plan to dig up a
bunch of the bamboo to plant in my yard.

Sincerely,

Craig McDonald
Frisco, Texas