Siamese Twin Flower stems

From: Peter Quinnear (Peter_Quinnear@rnli.org.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 23:41:32 PST

Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:41:32 +0100
From: "Peter Quinnear" <Peter_Quinnear@rnli.org.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Siamese Twin Flower stems

I have a Sarracenia x moorei which has thrown up a strange flower stem.
It is two stems joined until just before the flower buds themselves,
when it splits to give 2 normal buds hanging on their own stems.

If you run your finger up the stems you can feel an ever deepening
groove until the point where it splits.

Is this unusual? Do I have rarity or might it be some reaction to the
repotting I did over winter?

Pete

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com