Re: animals

From: jneps (jneps@gateway.net)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 17:45:24 PST

Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 18:45:24 -0700
From: jneps <jneps@gateway.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: animals

Hi Sylvia,

Yes, I agree with you. However, I hold out precious little
hope for the future of humanity. Humans are a primitive species.
Very few are evolved enough to exhibit the most exalted of all
human characteristics: compassion. For this reason, I believe
it very likely that our species will cease to exhist within
the next generation or two. Unfortunate? Perhaps, but the
fate of mankind will be exactly that which humans collectively
deserve.

Bottom line is that I have long since given up trying to change the
minds of other people. Humans choose to believe whatever they
will, in many instances regardless of evidence supporting their
beliefs, or to the contrary. As a human, I am no exception,
although I do believe that a good education goes a long way toward
ameliorating this unhappy circumstance.

In any case, although the future will likely not be pleasant for us,
I do believe that it will be rather interesting, at least in some
sense.

Regards,

Dr. Jeff Shafer