Strangely growing drosera

From: Christer Berglund (christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 09:19:26 PST

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 18:19:26 +0100
From: Christer Berglund <christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Strangely growing drosera

Hi,

I received some seeds from A. Lowrie almost a year ago. One of them was
labelled D. cuneifolia, which I now suspect is natalensis (but that's
another story). I had good germination and today the three largest are 5
cm (2 ") across and planted together in a 12 cm pot.

Anyway, since a about a month back one plant has started to behave
rather strange. It is an rosetted plant so newer leaves are visible in
the centre of it. Usually the outer leaves should open up first, but in
this plant some leaves in the middle started to develop and has divided
the
rosette. At this time there are three rosettes on this plants. These are
obviously crowded thus are growing in 45 degree angle from the old
rosette. Have anyone else seen this before?

Regards,

--
Christer Berglund
E-mail: christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se