Nepenthes problems

From: XAxIoMx@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 17:19:00 PST

Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 20:19:00 EST
From: XAxIoMx@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes problems

Hey,

        I have two questions about some of my lowland neps. Last year I had
to move to Las Vegas (which was unfortunately during the summer, 100+
temps:(. I kept my lowlanders in the terrerium they were housed when I was
in california, but they practically stopped growing, especially the
bicalcarata that I had just bought. Now its been about a year, the bical is
the same size after I transplanted it, and put a plastic bag over the top and
I keep the terrerium at very high humidity. To make matters worse, the
rafflesiana that was doing OK started to get a weird red/brown crust that is
making the older leaves die. And I'm starting to see the red crust on a hybid
nep too.
Also for the last few weeks there have been no pitchers, and the ones that
were there died away.
If you guys have any ideas, I'd love the help (and so would they:)

--Gabe