Re: Spaghnum moss

From: Andrew Bate (cp@jedi.clara.co.uk)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 10:16:04 PST

Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 18:16:04 +0000
From: Andrew Bate <cp@jedi.clara.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Spaghnum moss

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 07:54:50 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

Bill,

>With the demise of Marston Exotics in the UK, does any UK members of
>this list know of another supplier of live Spaghnum moss?

I'm not sure about the sphagnum moss situation but here is what I last
heard about Marston's (following the announcement in the UK CPS
Newsletter).

Someone kindly emailed me the following who contacted Marstons:-

"Jackie Gardner has confirmed that she is running a mail order business for
CPs and seeds. She seems to have most of the Marston Exotics stock,
although Marston Exotics themselves have ceased to trade and Paul Gardner
is now technically an employee of Wyevale Nurseries. Her phone number is
01981-251659 (mobile 0798-0354076) and she plans to have a stall in the
NCCPG tent at the Hampton Court Flower Show in July where she will be
selling a range of CPs."

I guess that they may still have the license or whatever to harvest the
spagnum but best bet is to give Jackie a ring. I'll be needing a fair
amount in the spring as well so I was wondering the same thing.

Regards,

Andrew

--
andrew@cpuk.org.uk      |        A UK Specific Guide