(No Subject)

From: dick c tran (dick_tran@mailcity.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 09:15:00 PST

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:15:00 -0800
From: "dick c tran" <dick_tran@mailcity.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: (No Subject)

Hello all nepenthophiles,

I have been seeing and reading about.....

N. bongso (formerly N. talangensis)
N. talangensis (formerly N. bongso)

Not only am I confused with this species but also the pictures that people are
associating with the name(s).

In the case with Borneo Exotics, the picture of N. bongso / N.
talangensis, looks like red N. alata (lower pitcher).

With Wistuba, it is listed as two different species. (no pictures)

In the case with Malesiana Tropicals, he has N. talangensis as having
globose dumpy pitchers and described as the slowest growing of all
highland neps and in partly related to N. aristolochiodes.

CPjungle shows N. bongso as having red pictures with wide flaring red
peristomes.

So, is N. talangensis and N. bongso two distinct species?
There seems to be a lot of confusion with this.

If I purchase N. talangensis and N. bongso from each of these nurseries,
am I going to get a variety of plants that looks different but is
supposed to be N. bongso (formerly N. talangensis) and/or N. talangensis
(formerly N. bongso).

Any input would REALLY help......

Thanks

Dick Tran

MailCity. Secure Email Anywhere, Anytime!
http://www.mailcity.com