Re: Nepenthes seedlings

From: Dave Evans (dpevans@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 23:32:36 PST

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 02:32:36 -0500
From: "Dave Evans" <dpevans@rci.rutgers.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes seedlings

If they are not eating, then they will get paler and paler, until they die.
Contrary to what some people believe, CP's do need to eat. You could
fertilize them, very easily by making up a 1/4 stength (for houseplants)
solution of 20:20:20, and use a tooth pick to swab up some of the sol and
gently dab the small pitchers so that small droplet of fertilier sol. remain
on the pitchers. Just try one or two leaves at first to see if you get any
burning. You shouldn't and in a a week you should see more green. After
two weeks do the same thing again, but try to get more of the pitchers.
Don't get any solution on the soil.