Re: Nepenthes seedlings

From: Peter.kronenberger (Peter.Kronenberger@pi.be)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 03:04:48 PST

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:04:48 +0100
From: "Peter.kronenberger" <Peter.Kronenberger@pi.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes seedlings

Dear Andreas,

Don't allow your Madagascariensis seedlings to turn pale green: it's the
beginning of the end. An important factor seems substrate humidity. My best
growers were initially in Jiffy peat pellets (see CPdigest 2021), but are
now in 3:1 peat/sand that is kept slightly humid, and certainly not wet. Jos
informed me that the plant in Madagascar was growing in a sunny, sandy and
relatively dry environment.

Peter Kronenberger
biologist, Belgium