ICPS Conference limited to 200

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 08:30:13 PST

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 08:30:13 -0800 (PST)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: ICPS Conference limited to 200

Hi Don,

I'm not organizing the conference, but I think the reason it is limited to
200 people is based in fiscal caution. The organizers of the meeting have
to front money to pay for the convention (in advance). If we arranged for
a huge conference hall, and for some reason we had poor meeting
attendence, the meeting organizers (ICPS and others) would lose a large
amount of money. It would be great to plan for a huge meeting, but the
financial risk in case of a huge failure is too great to risk.

I do not think that the ICPS conference has yet run out of space, so if
you want to attend, look at the ICPS web site for information on how to
join, and also contact the conference organizer David Gray
(david@carnivorousplants.org). I hope to see you at the conference!

Cheers

Barry

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice