Quikrete Sand

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 07:18:39 PST

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:18:39 -0500
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Quikrete Sand

Just got off the phone with my local Quikrete office and have some great
news!
The sand which I bought at the local Home Depot - commercial grade, fine -
appears to be a great choice for use with CP. Here's what I was told about
the Quikrete sand available in my area:

Commercial Grade: fine, medium, coarse - this is silica sand from Port
Elizabeth, NJ. (Where is this, anyway? Not next to my favorite toxic waste
dumps, I hope!) ;)

Play sand is "Long Island beach sand" = Silica sand.

All purpose = 1/2 LI. 1/2 mid Hudson sand (mined near Poughkeepsie, NY) -
contains lots of minerals, including Limestone.

Seems like the all purpose sand would be a BAD choice but the others should
be fine. The play sand is a mix of fine sand and course sand so you get
more variety.

Hope this helps, I'll probably experiment a bit with this fine CG sand
before I put my favorite Drosera in it but it sounds like this'll be ok.

Matt