RE: Plagiarization of Brazilian CP Homepage: part 2

From: Butler, Joe (6butler@jmls.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 10:16:07 PST

Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 12:16:07 -0600
From: "Butler, Joe" <6butler@jmls.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Plagiarization of Brazilian CP Homepage: part 2

I just took a look at the two websites. Although I don't read Portuguese,
it's an obvious knock-off.

Most interestingly, Cortez claims he GREW the plants pictured in his
website, unless "cultivada" means "stolen by".

By the way, it appears that Cortez was a sixteen year old kid in November of
1998 when the site was created.
http://members.tripod.com/hexenmeister/

If it's true that he's a sixteen (now 17 or 18) year old kid, it may be that
the adage "imitation is the highest form of flattery" would be applicable in
this case.

Joe Butler