Appreciation of CPN

From: Daniel M. Joel (dmjoel@mail.netvision.net.il)
Date: Fri Dec 24 1999 - 03:27:27 PST

Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 13:27:27 +0200
From: "Daniel M. Joel" <dmjoel@mail.netvision.net.il>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Appreciation of CPN

Hi all,

I was involved in both scientific and amateur activities concerning this
fascinating group of plants for the last 20 years, and CPN has added to my
knowledge and triggered my interest throughout this period.

Having experienced writing and editing I must add that I appreciate very
much the wonderful work done by the CPN editors, those in the past and the
present ones.
Volunteer editing is not only very demanding and time consuming, it is real
hard work, and the CPN editors proved highly professional.

CPN is a necessity. It fulfills the need to provide a balanced common
interdisciplinary platform to CP enthusiasts, CP scientists, and CP
growers. In this respect CPN is a real treasure.

On the verge of the 21st century may I extend special thanks to the present
co-editors Barry and Jan, and also to all previous editors for their
significant contribution. I wish we will be blessed with your contribution
well into the coming new decade.

Best wishes for the holidays to Barry and Jan, to the CPN readers, and to
all List subscribers!

Danny Joel