CP Under Lights

From: MCATALANI@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 16:47:31 PST

Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 19:47:31 EST
From: MCATALANI@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP Under Lights

<< I currently have 2 terraria (I assume that's the plural!) in which
 I use Hagen "LifeGro" tubes to quite good results. Problem is that
 at some time in the future I will need to move to a larger setup,
 preferably in a dedicated enclosure and am wondering about MH or HPS
 lights for that extra oomph! Cheers, Andrew >>

What type plants are you looking to grow under lights? I've grown Nepenthes
for some time under ordinary 4 foot shop lights. In a 4foot by 4foot by 8
foot tank, I use 6 2-tube 4 foot 40 watt shop lights for most of my lowlands.
I grow my Sarracenia and other high light level cp's outside, so I wouldn't
have any ideas on their setup under lights.
Michael Catalani