Lighting question

From: Andrew Bate (cp@jedi.clara.co.uk)
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 02:54:59 PST

Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 10:54:59 +0000
From: Andrew Bate <cp@jedi.clara.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Lighting question

Hi,

Has anyone got any experiences to share with either Metal Halide or
High Pressure Sodium lighting with CP's?

I currently have 2 terraria (I assume that's the plural!) in which
I use Hagen "LifeGro" tubes to quite good results. Problem is that
at some time in the future I will need to move to a larger setup,
preferably in a dedicated enclosure and am wondering about MH or HPS
lights for that extra oomph!

Comments would be appreciated on which is the best type, what the
costs and replacement times are like and what conditions they need
to be in (size of terrarium, over terrarium, in terrarium etc).

Cheers,

Andrew -- andrew@cpuk.org.uk | A UK Specific Guide
http://www.cpuk.org.uk | to Carnivorous Plant Resources