Re: Conductivity meters

From: Sean Barry (sjbarry@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 12:30:12 PST

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:30:12 -0800 (PST)
From: Sean Barry <sjbarry@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Conductivity meters

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, David J. Collier, MD wrote:

> Does anyone have advice on where to acquire a cheap and good
> conductivity meter for testing water for CPs? Someone mentioned
> Fisher Scientific earlier but on their web site all the conductivity
> meters seem to have been discontinued.

Hmmmm--

Check again (http://www1.fishersci.com/)--the least expensive conductivity
meter available from Fisher is cat#093311, with a range of 1990ppm,
resolution of 10ppm dissolved solids, priced at about $43. This meter and
this range (there are several others that work in various ranges--see
cat#'s 09331-2,3,and 4) is what I use. The same meter is also available
from VWR Scientific and undoubtedly from others as well. All standard
disclaimers apply.

Sean Barry