re: D. indica Problem

From: Ivan Snyder (bioexp@juno.com)
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 09:52:11 PST

Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 09:52:11 -0800
From: Ivan Snyder <bioexp@juno.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: D. indica Problem

Hey Miguel,

>I just wanted to know if anyone knows why is this hapening to my D.
indica:
>it used to have 15 cm long leaves, but lately the leaves do not uncurl
>completely and they stay half the size!
>I don't like this! It was so beautiful and now it's not pretty any more!

Drosera indica is a strictly annual sundew. With 15 cm long leaves you
must have a mature plant. Plants I have grown will always grow to full
size then immediately flower, then set seed and promptly die. There is no
hope of rejuvenating the plant by repotting as can be done with most
other sundews. Leaf cuttings always fail. Sorry to tell you this, ... I
hope you collected seed : (

Ivan Snyder
Hermosa Beach
California