Re:Ed's Ping

From: EdwardK674@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 08:09:36 PST

Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:09:36 EST
From: EdwardK674@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:Ed's Ping

In a message dated 11/22/1999 2:51:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cp@opus.hpl.hp.com writes:

<<
 First of all I am not familiar with P.moranensis \221G', I guess
 this is an American clone not in circulation in Europe. The
 behaviour you describe is similar to situations where normally
 winter flowering Pings have flowered for me out of season. As such
 plants usually flower from the winter rosette, the flowers can form
 with out risk of the relatively small winter succulent leaves
 covering them. Thus I wonder if your P.moranensis \221G' is a
 winter flowering plant that for some reason is not forming a winter
 rosette and as a result the larger summer foliage is overwhelming
 the flowers. Just a thought.

 Cheers

 Loyd

Thanks for the tip Loyd. I let it dry out a little more and the rapid growth
has slowed down and the next flower bud is about three inches tall and
getting ready to open.
Ed
PS If you hace a copy of the Savage Garden you can see P. moranensis "G" on
page 203 and 204.
Ed