My Poor CP Collection

From: Rick Hillier (rhillier@swconnection.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 05:19:58 PST

Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 08:19:58 -0500
From: "Rick Hillier" <rhillier@swconnection.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: My Poor CP Collection

Greetings All,

Back in June 1997, I had an unfortunate separation from my wife and had to
move my CP collection to temporary quarters, that being our family cottage
on Lake Huron. Over the winter months, I tried to find conditions that
would get the Temperate plants dormant without killing the tropical ones.
Unfortunately, the attempt was less than successful. I had a fairly
extensive collection of Nepenthes, many of which I had been growing since
1980. Every plant, with the exception of one N. alata died. I also lost
many of the warmer growing Drosera. Needless to say, this has left me quite
devistated, as I had grown quite attached to many of them (as I am sure many
on this listserve do with theirs due to their passion for growing them).

Now that I am getting back into suitable quarters, which will allow me to
again have good growing conditions for such plants, I thought I might put
this note on the CP listserve and hope that there might be some kind-hearted
individuals that might be able to assist me in rebuilding my collection back
to its former glory. If anyone has any cuttings, seedling or plants that
they might be able to spare, please let me know. I don't really have
anything plant-wise available for trade, but I would be more than willing to
compensate fairly ($$$).

If anyone would be able to help me out with this, please drop me a line at
"rhillier@swconnection.com". For the record, I live in Canada.

Thanks in advance,

Rick Hillier