Nepenthes mirabilis soil mix

From: William M. Gorum, Jr. (wgorum@softdisk.com)
Date: Sun Nov 21 1999 - 19:07:10 PST

Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 21:07:10 -0600
From: "William M. Gorum, Jr." <wgorum@softdisk.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes mirabilis soil mix

Hey Listmembers!

I know how varied answers will be on this, but I need some information
about the preferres soil mixture of N. mirabilis. I read in "The Savage
Garden" that is avoids peaty soils and that it prefers a more alkaline
medium. What would be a recommended growing medium to fit the
qualifications of being peat free and alkaline? I was thinking maybe
some kind of combination of sand, vermiculite, and perlite. Any
thoughts on the matter? Any info will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Will
wgorum@softdisk.com _\../